Northwest Nazarene University offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in a range of content areas. NNU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a regional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). In addition to regional university accreditation, the following departments are accredited by nationally-recognized specialized accrediting boards:
- Business - Northwest Nazarene University's business programs are internationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), with the exception of the Associate of Arts in Accounting and the Associate of Arts in Business.
- Counseling - Northwest Nazarene University's counseling program areas are nationally accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The school counseling program is approved by the Idaho State Board of Education to provide for institutional recommendation for state certification in Pupil Personnel: Counseling. Upon graduation students in the Clinical; School, and Marriage; Couple and Family program areas have all the coursework necessary to apply for Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Idaho. Marriage, Couple and Family Program graduates may also apply for the AMFT certification in the State of Idaho. The post-graduate pre-certification program in Play Therapy prepares students for APT certification at the national level.
- Education - Northwest Nazarene University is nationally accredited at the bachelor's degree level and higher by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Additionally, the Education programs are approved by the Idaho State Board of Education to provide for institutional recommendation for state certification in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Special Education, and School Administrator (Pre-K-12 Building Principal, Director of Special Education, and Superintendent).
- Nursing - The Master of Science in Nursing program and the RN to BSN program are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Social Work - Northwest Nazarene University's social work program is nationally accredited at the undergraduate and graduate level by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Graduate School of Theology - Northwest Nazarene University's Graduate School of Theology has the historic distinction of being the first institution with fully online programs ever to be granted full membership by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).