Degree Requirement Substitution or Exemption - Undergraduates

Only the University Registrar may make any substitutions or exemptions within the General Education Program for degrees. Requests should be made using the Special Academic Petition which can be obtain in the Office of the Registrar or online at

Any substitutions for specific courses required for a particular program fulfilling concentrations, major, or minor requirements may be made only by the administrator or administrators of the program in consultation with the appropriate department chair.