A student who enrolls at Northwest Nazarene University with an Associate of Arts degree, posted on a transcript from a regionally accredited institution, completed prior to admission will receive:
- Junior standing
- Transfer credit up to a maximum of 62-semester credits from 2-year colleges.
- Waiver of all general education requirements, with the following exceptions:
- BIBL1105 or an elective in Biblical literature or Theology (BIBL/THEO) (3 credits). Must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
- THEO2105 Introduction to Christian Theology (3 credits). Must be completed with a grade of C- or higher.
- KINE1005 Fundamentals of Wellness (1 credit). An equivalent transfer course may be substituted for this requirement.
- Approved Capstone course (1 credit). See list of approved courses under General Education requirements.
- Cultural Competency Requirement: Transfer students are required to complete one course with the Cultural Competency (CC) designation.
- Math Proficiency
Note: A two-year transfer degree does not guarantee a bachelor's degree completion within two years. Course prerequisites, course sequencing, and upper-division requirements must also be met. The waiver of degree requirements for transfer students with Associate degrees other than the Associate of Arts (AA) will be determined on a case-by-case basis.