A student who enrolls at Northwest Nazarene University with an Associate of Arts Degree from a regionally accredited institution completed prior to admission will receive:
- Junior standing
- Transfer credit up to a maximum of 62-semester credits from 2-year colleges.
- Waiver of all general education requirements, with the following exceptions:
- BIBL1105 or an elective in Biblical literature or Theology (BIBL/THEO) (3 credits)
- THEO2105 Introduction to Christian Theology (3 credits)
- KINE1005 Fundamentals of Wellness (1 credit)
- (An equivalent transfer course may be substituted for this requirement.)
- HUMN4015 Capstone (1 credit)
- Cultural Competency Requirement: Transfer students are required to complete one course with the Cultural Competency (CC) designation.
- Math Proficiency
Note: A two-year transfer degree does not guarantee a bachelor's degree completion within two years. Course prerequisites, course sequencing, and upper-division requirements must also be met. The waiver of degree requirements for transfer students with Associate degrees other than the Associate of Arts (AA) will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Transfer students are encouraged to contact the Office of the Registrar to determine the applicability of their coursework to specific General Education requirements. A complete transcript evaluation is available by sending the request with an official copy of the university transcripts to the Office of the Registrar, Northwest Nazarene University, 623 S. University Blvd., Nampa, ID 83686 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The minimum number of credits required to complete a degree is 124-semester credits of which 32 must be upper-division (courses numbered 3000 and above). For a complete listing of the undergraduate degree requirements, refer to the section in this catalog entitled "Undergraduate Degree Requirements."