Northwest Nazarene University accepts transfer credits as follows:
- University-level credits earned in academic degree programs at colleges and universities accredited by either regional or national accrediting associations are accepted at upper- and lower-division levels, in accordance with the US Department of Education's regulations published November 1, 2019.
- Credits earned at Bible colleges accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) are accepted at the lower-division level.
- Military credit is accepted according to ACE (American Council on Education) recommendations.
- Credits earned at an international college or university that have been evaluated by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) are accepted at upper- and lower-division levels.
- Credits earned at colleges and universities that are not regionally or nationally accredited but are accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) are granted on a case-by-case basis through the Special Academic Petition process.
The following policies apply to the acceptance of transfer credits by Northwest Nazarene University:
- Credits must be presented on an official transcript from the institution granting the credit.
- Credits are not accepted in which a grade lower than C- (1.70) was received.
- Remedial and developmental level courses are not accepted.
- Credits earned in vocational or technical programs are not generally accepted.
- A transfer student's classification is based on the total number of credits accepted.
- A maximum of 62 semester credits may be transferred from two-year colleges.
- The cumulative grade point average while at Northwest Nazarene University is based only on grades received from Northwest Nazarene University and does not include grades earned at other colleges, institutions or universities.